I got this recipe from a local TV program. I initially doubt how good it will taste till I try it out of curiosity.
Portobello Mushrooms (buy the biggest you can get)
Freshly crushed Black Pepper
– Pour enough olive oil into pan over medium heat.
– Place mushrooms top side down and cook for 3-4 minutes
– Pour about one teaspoonful of balsamic vinegar onto each mushroom
– Turn mushroom over and cook for another 2 minutes
– Add black pepper and serve immediately
This is it! It’s that simple. The magic here is the balsamic vinegar which will caramelize and goes really well with the mushrooms. If the mushrooms are big enough, you can really eat it with fork and knife just like steak.
I will normally use the left over oil and juice to saute some onions to go with it.